The first day of my computer class last semester I needed to have someone turn on my computer. I wanted to barf after 5 minutes of listening to the teacher give an overview of the class. I talked to my counselor that same day and told him I wanted a different major. Maybe Art and Communication? He could sell snow to Eskimos. I walked out feeling better but freaked out 10 minutes later. I ended up staying in the class and not changing my major. I sat down after class with my teacher and asked him to show me step by step how to turn in all of my assignments. After 15 minutes he told me that he had never seen that happen before (referring to what the computer was doing). After 3 weeks of not being able to log into the system, turn in assignments, or having any of the programs required for the class, my Professor finally agreed that technology hates me. I had tried to tell him.
I am currently in my 2nd semester of computer classes and I LOVE it! Not only am I gaining the skills I needed last year while designing T-shirts and logos, I am overcoming my fear of technology. Technology will never be easy for me, and whatever can go wrong will more than likely go wrong, but I am okay with that. I will not allow a computer to best me. That is the one of the reasons I wanted to have Visual Technology as my major. I CAN do and WILL do whatever I put my mind to. Even if I have to suffer through every minute of feeling incompetent before I learn to turn the stupid computer on. Not that I'm competitive or anything. Especially not with inanimate objects. Or rock climbing walls.
I designed a flier for Brandon last week, finished one for Raging Red yesterday, and turned in this Photoshop assignment last Friday.


5 comments:
Thanks for you help with our flyer. Love seeing you in the civil rights movement. And we sooooo want to see your show on the 20th. Is that for real?
Yes it is! Another way for Raging Red to raise money for China.
Love them all! Great job! Makes me miss my Commercial Art class...
Wowsers, girlfriend! You ROCK. Who knew a cute little white girl could change history?
Your work looks very professional. Love Brandon's flyer, especially.
Post a Comment